We Wipe On Trash
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance.

+2
targobelle
Ferdlock
6 posters

Go down

Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance. Empty Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance.

Post  Ferdlock Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:41 am

Ladies and Gentlemen I Present to you today an age old Question and a Debate that is as old as...was gonna say time but in reality as old as the first Fashion Magazine or somewhere there abouts.Up for your Vote today is The Guild Tabard.Love it or Hate it,its ours.
Today for your Voting Purposes I will be arguing on the Side of Tradition,I Extend to someone that "hates" the Tabard to offer there opposing Views.Just a few ground rules if I may....why yes Ferdinan you may Very Happy Why thank you Ferdinan Very Happy
Lets try to keep it Civil and fun!
What I did on my Summer Vacation....wait sorry flashback to 4th grade.Why I favor the guild Tabard opposed to changing it.Tradition..that's a big and scary word sometimes but not this time.Long long ago in a guild not far away a band of people came together and decided enough was enough! No longer would we be able to down trash mobs with the Greatest of Ease but by God we would Wipe on them with much Frequency and Fun.The origin of the name is sometimes in contest but the spirit is not.
On that fateful day when We Wipe On Trash came together with less then a Handful of people, A Quest was Given to one of its Members and she was akin to Betsy Ross *For those of you not familiar with her,she was the person George Washington asked to sew the 1st American Flag*And that person did not take her Duty Lightly,far from it.
She was given the Task to create a Tabard that was Original and that Reflected The Spirit of the Guild...She Labored for Minutes if not Tens of Minutes,Sweat Cresting her Brow and one Word From God that was repeated Over and Over and Over again till Our Mighty Guild Leader said STFU Ferd!That one Word was Rosebud...er sorry I mean Octopus!
The air was ripe with Anticipation and Hope! Then after Minutes,Nay Tens of Minutes the Wait was over!We Wipe On Trash Had A Tabard That Reflected Who WE Are And What We Say To The World At Large!
This Tabard is Full Of the Trials and Tribulations that We Wipe on Trash Have Endured in our Long History of A Couple of Months!
That was the History Lesson,this is the Argument to Keep it.*I Know you thought you were done reading but Suprise your not Very Happy*
I know that most of the time we don't wear the tabard myself included,but as we progress as a guild and on an individual basis we want to show off new and shiny Faction Tabards.That is fine for the time being..But as We Grow stronger As A Guild And Individuals One Day were Gonna Get Tired of the Shiny New Tabards and Want something that will stand out and Proudly Announce That You Are A Member Of The Best Guild To Ever Grace This Or Any And I Mean ANY Other Server!
Be it the Instances we rack up or just the Damn lot of fun were gonna and do have together!One Day Soon were gonna Want something to set us Apart from everyone else!And By God Our Betsy Ross Has Given Us That One Thing That WILL Set US Apart From ANYONE ELSE!!!!
I Mean Who Else But The Fantastic People That Are And Will Be In This Guild Should Have The HONOR Of Wearing Something So Distinctive? I Ask Those Of You That "Hate" The Tabard As It Is Now,And I Want You To Think About The Design Or Color Scheme That You Have In Your Mind And Ask Yourself.....Haven't I Seen That Before Somewhere?
I Will Bet You Dollars To Donuts *no idea where that expression is from just saw it on a movie and thought it was cool* That You Have Never Seen A Tabard As Original Or Daring As Ours!
So I Leave the Floor Open To The Fashion Aspect Of This Argument.With Just One Last Word!

Aye!!!! *Aye is for those that Want To Keep It*

Now Those of you That Don't Want it say "Nay"

Ferdinan

Ferdlock

Back to top Go down

Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance. Empty Re: Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance.

Post  targobelle Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:08 pm

Ferdi,

such a touching argument yah have here... lol...

sigh the colour oh please help us.. the design is cute and wonderful but the colour

the pink octopus can stay.... and the pink back border

but how about a neutral black back ground?

targobelle
Admin

https://wewipeontrash.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance. Empty Re: Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance.

Post  Reindia Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:26 pm

BUT if you get rid of the eye scalding colour, fer one of them neutral ones... the tabard wont have the same flair that makes people want to run screaming. Where is the fun in that!
(obviously i vote AYE yarrrr to keep it)
Reindia
Reindia

Back to top Go down

Post  targobelle Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Reindia wrote:BUT if you get rid of the eye scalding colour, fer one of them neutral ones... the tabard wont have the same flair that makes people want to run screaming. Where is the fun in that!
(obviously i vote AYE yarrrr to keep it)

*giggles*

oh so that was your intention I see I see

targobelle
Admin

https://wewipeontrash.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Eonie Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:52 pm

Eonie here, just got registered on the forums!

I'm also not a big fan of the eye catching yellow background...I'm a darker color person. But I will wear it proudly either way.

Eonie

Back to top Go down

Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance. Empty Guild Tabard

Post  Raunien Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Its a very tough decision at this point after Ferdlock's outstanding reason behind the guild tabard's original colors. I'm nearly sitting on the fence here. The octopus has some intresting qualities to it. Though we must also consider whate does each color represents. It is in traditions that yellow is associated with cowardliness or spinelessness and we are anything but that. No, we have many, including myself, who would gladly meet "peril" face to face unwaveringly with such stoic valor despite the odds we stand. Why take for example, Izsabella while being the only of her commrades standing and meeting her fate with the burning hope of victory still blazen within her eyes when Prince stepped closer to seal her fate. Or just this past visit to the Opera and our fearsome meeting with the Big Bad Wolf. When our heroic tankadin of legendary aggro, Swave, charged in as our beacon of hope and moments later tragically fell prey to the trecherous wolf's trickery, Raunien did not tuck tail and flee. Nay, he did as his mentor would have done his place if the same fate were to meet the their righteous raid leader, Alvasol, and picked up the beacon to shine in their moment of darkness as his shield radiated with a divine light before casting an avenging shield to take revenge upon his fallen commerade while creating another ray of hope for his allies.

Concerning the symbol of what the octopus represts and what our guild represent, the octopus has some intresting qualities as it has many limbs that work together in unison to achieve the greater good. For no one limb is more important than the rest as they all play a vital role in survival as a whole. That is certainly a redeming quality that I can see for the octopus symbol. I personally am not the biggest fan of the octopus however its what it represents that would make me wear it proudly. Teamwork. I would have initially prefered something more...intimidating or perhaps regal, such as a lion, dragon, or wolf. But the octopus has been seen in a better light as whole as of late.

My vote is Nay, that we not keep the original colors of the tabard. Perhaps a blue octopus and black background? Or something like golden octopus with a blue-green (sea) background in matching golden trim?

Raunien

Back to top Go down

Post  Reindia Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:31 pm

Rau .... just though i would point out since you mentioned the meanings of the colours, yellow is not the colour or cowardice , that is white ( ya know the whole white flag for surrender thing). Yellow means happy, friendship and other such nice things.
Reindia
Reindia

Back to top Go down

Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance. Empty Absolutly no idea

Post  Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:36 pm

Well I'll vote for keeping it, but then again i have not seen it yet. so all in all my vote at this current point in time does not hold any sway one way or the other. Due to fact of lack of needed info

Back to top Go down

Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance. Empty Gotta love the minds at work here.

Post  Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:39 pm

Nay.

Having said that, it's only the colors that I don't like.
That's personal, about me, and I'm not trying to force it on anyone else. I just don't like yellow.
I don't really like any colors that have yellow as a component (except gold).
I think green belongs on plants and some animalish things.
And Spyrogyra.

The octopus is way cool, and while it may not have been chosen for the reasons Raunien mentioned, I *love* the reasons Raunien mentioned.
I haven't looked around at tabard designs for a long time, and since there's nothing that looks like a nice big BA (is there a moon?), I can't really think of another symbol that suits us better.

I don't mind that it staggers the senses when people see it.
I don't have an issue with our tabard standing out so much that people can't HELP but notice us.
I only have issue with the color. So, if we could find a suitably "OMG did you see that!" colorscheme that doesn't involve yellows, I'm all for it.

cheers Exclamation

Exclamation <<<< Looks like someone flashing a BA. I may make it my sig.

Back to top Go down

Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance. Empty Yay

Post  King Giott Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:04 am

Yarrr! Keep the Tabard as is. May It strike fear in those that oppose us or at least blind them long enough for a cheap shot.

King Giott

Back to top Go down

Fashion Vs. Tradition,Vote for your preferance. Empty Closed

Post  Ferdlock Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:32 pm

This topic is now closed till Giott comes back and wants to be Guild Leader again.Our Colors and Symbols Stand Strong.And since Mister Slacker Giott Voted for the Tabard it wont be going anywhere even if he comes back.
So love it or hate it,its ours.

Ferdinan

Ferdlock

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum