We Wipe On Trash
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raid report.

Go down

Raid report. Empty Raid report.

Post  Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:14 pm

August 9th we took many people from the back-up raid into Kara and tried to see if we could take the curator down.
As our noble leader puts it, "Once is luck, twice is skill."
Would our group be able to once again take on the Curator? Even without Alvasol and Swave holding him still?

The answer is, YES.
A very difinitive yes. We not only took him down, but did so with a few people who had never set foot in Kara before.
A proud moment, indeed.
Even better was the defeat of Aran, and our very first trip to see the ominous Prince who is master of Kara.

He proved a stumbling block to our intrepid group, but my personal favorite moment of the raid occured during that fight.

Izsabella, after watching each of her friends fall one by one, stood, the last member of our group.
As I lay on the ground, watching her seemingly tiny self, dwarfed by the massiveness of the Demon Prince, I wondered what I would do in her place.
The scene slowed to a crawl as the green healing energies failed around her hands. They slowly fell to her sides, and I wondered if she would stand and wait as the blow came, or perhaps try to live a few minutes longer by dashing around the huge balcony, dodging the motionless bodies of her companions.
No.
Not Izzy.

With a practiced flick of her wrist, her mace was in her hands and she charged, the muddied light gleaming off her horns, as she took the battle straight into the chest of the Master of Kara himself.

Even though I knew she had no chance, her bravery and strength in that moment pulled a cheer from me, as it did from several of the others present.

Hell of a job, folks, I'm proud to say I was there that day.

Back to top Go down

Raid report. Empty Raid for Aug. 2nd

Post  Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Please pardon the fact that these are coming out of order at the moment.
I'll try to get them in as they occur from now on, but I have lovely moments from previous raids to report on!

The weekend of this raid started with us clearing lower Kara without much incident. We barely earned our guild name through the run, everything went so well.
The major excitement came from the first attempt at our new plan (aka OMG! We need more healers!) to down curator.
With totems down, a few AAAARRRRGH!!! RUN!!! THE BAAAALLS, Kill the BAAALLS!!!
We succeeded!
A happy cry went up over vent and on the raid channel as we all celebrated the fact that after 3 weeks of not being able to get past him, our work and dedication paid off, and we finally managed to throw him down.
Chiyo became the first member of the WWoT raid to earn her T4 gloves, and there was much rejoicing.

I, personally, spent the rest of the day adding "WE DOWNED CURATOR!!!1!!!" to most of my comments.

Aran and Nightbane proved a challenge to us, and we decided to leave them until another day, but nothing could diminish our happiness at finally getting past our previous sticking point.

My personal favorite moment from that raid was all about Giott.
We had reached the top of the stairs after downing Aran, and the rest of the raid dropped one by one to the spell-hurling ghosts that ambushed us from around a corner.
Giott was last orc standing, managing to down the last of the restless spirits with his own health dropping precariously low.
Standing and taking a bow as the rest of us cheered his victory, he switched into his now famous pirate hat, flexed, and promptly threw himself over the rail to his death.

Way to go out with complete panache, Giott. You are a credit to the guild, and an example of flair to which we all should aspire!

Once again, a fabulous run, and I was honored to be among you.

Back to top Go down